FCMA Celebrates Manufacturing Month
October is National Manufacturing Month! FCMA is celebrating with activities throughout the entire month, starting with plant tours and ending with a job fair on October 27th.
- Tours of Area Manufacturing Plants - Through the cooperation of several FCMA manufacturing members, plant tours have been set up for both high school teachers and high school students to introduce them to new opportunities in manufacturing jobs. Thank you to participating FCMA members: Carlisle IT, Main Metal Recycling, Rulon International, S&P USA, Saft Batteries, US Gypsum Company, and Vac-Con!
- FCMA Summit - Our fourth annual FCMA Summit will be held at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Augustine on October 13. You are not going to want to miss this event, which is jam-packed with great speakers and breakout session topics. Sign up here.
- Excellence in Manufacturing Awards - Following the Summit, FCMA will recognize outstanding companies and/or individuals for their contributions to the overall goal of manufacturing excellence or to meeting specific objectives of FCMA. Sign up here.
- Job Fair on Oct. 27 - FCMA, FSCJ and CareerSource are coordinating a Job Fair to provide an opportunity for high school students and college students to see what type of manufacturing jobs are available on the First Coast.
Lake Ray invites you to the Summit
FCMA President Lake Ray would like to personally invite you to the 2016 FCMA Summit on October 13, at the Renaissance Hotel World Golf Village. Click here for more details or to sign up.
Florida Capital Bank
Contact: Bernie Dandridge, SBA/USDA Business Development Specialist
Phone: (904) 993-0603
10151 Deerwod Park Blvd, Bldg 100, Ste 200-A, Jacksonville, FL 32256
A nationally chartered, full service commercial bank with four retail branches, and Government Guaranteed Lending Specialists in Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, and Ft. Lauderdale.
Contact: Jerry Mincey, Account Manager
Phone: (904) 566-4687
6420 Southpoint Pkwy, Site 110, Jacksonville, FL 32216
A National Staffing Company headquartered and founded in Jacksonville. Since 2006, they have been an industry leader in Direct Hire, Temporary and Project Staff Augmentation.
FCMA Summit & Excellence in Manufacturing Awards
|Don’t forget to register for the 2016 FCMA Summit! You won’t want to miss the annual FCMA Summit, held in conjunction with the Excellence in Manufacturing Awards, on Thursday, October 13, at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Augustine.|
Line up of Guest Speakers:
- U.S. Congressmen Ron DeSantis and Ted Yoho
- Paul Renner, State Representative, Dist 24
- Ed Hinchey, police officer survivor & Director of Safariland Saves Club
- Jerry Holland, Duval County Property Appraiser
2016 Breakout Sessions Include:
- November Elections – An Academic Analysis
- Government Relations and Economy
- Hazardous Waste/ Water Policy – Today’s Changes
- Workplace Security – Are You Prepared?
- Safety Exposure – Know Your Regs
- Hot Topics in HR – Bullies, Bathrooms, Genders
- Women In Manufacturing
- FLSA – Dec. 1 Deadline – Where Do You Stand?
Click here for more information or to sign up for the Summit and/or the Excellence in Manufacturing Awards!
Click here for more information about the 2016 FCMA Summit/Excellence section in the JBJ and how you can sponsor/advertise!
New Member Orientation
FCMA’s New Member Orientation is held at least once every month and it is not limited to just the New Members. FCMA offers this orientation to your employees who you want to be active in FCMA.
Young Professionals Meeting
Join us at the October Young Professionals (FCMA members only, aged 21-40) meeting. We will be hearing from special speakers David Retske and Peter Cerreta of The 3D Connectors. Who will be sharing their experiences about:
When: Tuesday, October 25, 11:30-12:30
Where: FCMA Office (1615 Huffingham Road, Suite 2)
Lunch will be provided for $5.00
RSVP: E-mail to Amanda
Manufacturing Job Fair
FCMA is partnering with FSCJ and CareerSource to host a manufacturing job fair on Thursday, October 27, 9:00AM-1:00PM. If you are currently hiring, please let us know if you would like to be a vendor at this event by e-mail to Amanda.
Fire Extinguisher - Safety Class
|The October safety class is on Fire Extinguisher Safety on October 27, 11:00AM – 1:00PM at FCMA (1615 Huffingham Road, Suite 2). You must RSVP to the FCMA office by phone (904-296-9664) or e-mail at least 48 hours prior to each class (preferably sooner so that we can ensure the minimum is reached). Thank you to our lunch sponsor Abatix! This class is free to FCMA and Northeast Florida Safety Council members; $10 for non-members.|
November 14 General Meeting
Due to the FCMA Summit on October 13, there will be no General Meeting in October. We hope you can join us at the Summit! Our next General Meeting will be held on November 14, from 4:00-6:00 PM. Location is TBA.
|Thank you to Johnson Controls for hosting our September General Meeting! Johnson Controls is a global leader in automotive experience, building efficiency and power solutions. At the meeting, FCMA recognized Mike Sawyer (pictured below, right), a Nassau county teacher who focuses on exposing students to a variety of roles within the machining and manufacturing areas, utilizing equipment that allows for a very hands-on environment. He assists the students in various skill sets including math, identifying parts, and practical application. His efforts link directly into our “Awareness to Manufacturing Campaign” that gives insight to educators regarding today’s manufacturing industries.|
|Thank you to our refreshment sponsor Ameris Bank!|
FCMA Workforce Academy
|FCMA is excited to announce that we have begun another sold out session of the FCMA Workforce Academy Frontline Supervisor Training Program! This is the forth session this year. The kick-off luncheon was held last month at University of North Florida.|
Young Professionals Group
|We had a great time at our September Young Professionals Group meeting! We heard from special speakers Ashley Blume and Guzman Castro of Wahby Financial Group on Navigating Toward Personal Financial Balance.|
Anheuser-Busch… hosted its own version of Oktoberfest at its Jacksonville Facility. The local manufacturer, has recently been making efforts to attract more locals to its taproom. Click here to read more.
Jacksonville Port Authority… has been voted No. 1 in customer service in the South by readers of Logistics Management magazine. The port earned the highest score in the nation in the publication’s annual survey, as readers rated U.S. ports on ease of doing business, value, ocean carrier/intermodal network and quality of equipment and operations. Click here to read more.
Modular Automation… an Ireland-based automation company, opened its first U.S. subsidiary here in Jacksonville. Click here to read more.
Kelly Services… is proud to announce that they are an official endorser of Manufacturing Day. Click here to read more.
Safariland… appointed Tarey Gettys as Vice President and General Manager of VIEVU, a subsidiary of The Safariland Group. Click here to read more.
Do you have something exciting going on at your company? Let Amanda know.